The Australian Cricketers’ Association (ACA) is the collective and representative voice of past and present male and female professional domestic and international cricketers in Australia. Our purpose, is to be Champion of the Players - current, past and future and we strive to offer our members world leading, best practice service and support throughout every stage in their life of cricket and beyond.
The Finance team is an integral part of ACA that has grown over recent years to a major function that supports all areas of the business, including assessing financial implications to our members, strategic decision making and ensuring that we continue to be in a strong financial position.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Assistant Accountant to join our Finance & Operations team. This role is quite dynamic and diversified with exposure to a wide range of aspects within the organisation.
About the Role
The Assistant Accountant will assist in the day to day finance operations of the ACA including creditor control, bank reconciliations, monthly department and board reconciliations/reporting and preparation of monthly payroll.
The main focus of this role will be to assist and support the General Manager of Finance & Operations in;
- Accurate and timely processing of creditors invoices and employee credit cards
- Assisting in the fortnightly creditors payment process
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations, departmental report production and variance analysis to budget
- Meet with department heads on a monthly basis to discuss budget performance
- Assisting in the monthly processing of payroll including ensuring employer superannuation obligations are met
- Assist in the compilation of the annual accounts including involvement with auditors
- Exposure to all facets of accounting in a Not-for-Profit Environment
- Report regularly on progress to General Manager of Finance and Business Operations, including escalation of issues as required
- Drive the documentation of operating processes within the team
- Proactively support the ACA General Managers and Operations/Administration Manager with ad-hoc tasks as required, including general finance filing and IT management
- Up to 2 years + experience in an assistant accounting or bookkeeper role which could include internship placement.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and cloud-based accounting software (i.e. Xero)
- Ability to comprehend and narrate financial and accounting records to key stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy - you thrive on ensuring you deliver a high standard on time, every time
- You apply problem solving skills, initiative and responsibility to all tasks
- Positive attitude is key: You have a 'can do' approach and willing to give everything a go from manual processing to larger projects
- Excellent organization skills: ability to plan and organize work efficiently and effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You thrive in a flexible environment and can respond quickly when needs/ situations change
It's not essential but highly desirable if you have:
- Tertiary qualification in the areas of Accounting, Finance or Business or similar or studying toward this qualification
- Plans to commence or currently studying towards CA/CPA accreditation