U@MQ Ltd is a controlled entity of Macquarie University known as Campus Life. Campus Life is a seven-days' a week operation, providing a range of services and programs for students, staff, visitors, and local community with a remit to "bring life to our campus" and provide a balance between academic and non-academic life.
We are a vibrant, driven and collaborative organisation that plays a pivotal role in both the student and staff experience and contributes positively to our local communities. We have a vision to be custodians of creating a sense of belonging at Macquarie University. At Campus Life we believe in a diverse, robust and supportive work environment. We know our capacity to drive progressive change and offer excellent programs and services is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are committed to our people, we embrace diversity and welcome our people just as they are.
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
Appointment Type: Full time, Permanent
Campus Life is currently seeking a Customer Experience and Sales Manager to join the Macquarie University Sports and Aquatics Centre (MUSAC) team. Reporting to the Venue Manager, you will draw on your extensive leadership, problem solving and business development skills to contribute to the health and wellbeing of the Macquarie University community by leading and inspiring the consistent delivery of acquisition and retention activities with a commitment to a great customer experience. Equally critical is this role's responsibility to connect and facilitate the communication and engagement activities across the different areas of the business. At Campus Life you will benefit from being part of a dynamic and committed team. You will also positively impact the lives of students, staff and the wider community and effect change across a broad range of programs, initiatives and ways of working.
You have a customer centric mindset combined with the ability to work independently. You are a critical thinker and creative problem solver who knows how to leverage opportunities and is committed to the bigger picture. You demonstrate initiative and are driven to achieve excellence in the workplace. You also share our organisational values of Courage, Agility, Rigour, Empowerment and Support (CARES) and commit to these being visible in your actions and words. In addition you will meet the following criteria:
- Experience within a sales/customer-based organisation with proven ability in the delivery of exemplary customer experiences.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing sales, retention, marketing and communication plans that meet business objectives.
- Proven experience in identifying new business opportunities and converting these opportunities into revenue generation or improved experiences.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience interpreting and converting data into business decisions and campaign optimisations.
- Experienced in working with operational peers to ideate and implement solutions that meet business objectives. Regulatory requirements:
- First Aid Certificate with CPR.
- Working with Children Check.
- Criminal history check.
- Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia
- Competitive Salary with 10% Superannuation
- Complementary Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre gym access
- Ongoing education and professional development opportunities
- Access to our staff wellbeing program and staff support services
- Working on a vibrant parkland campus, with a huge variety of food & beverage outlets, and general practice & hospital amenities
- Access to discounted corporate health insurance and employee flu shot program
- Full access to the University's Library
- Staff discounts at Campus Life operated hospitality outlets
- Salary sacrifice options
Equity & Diversity Statement At Macquarie University, we are committed to providing a working environment where each individual is valued, respected and supported to progress. Our priority is to ensure culture, policies and processes are truly inclusive and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity, gender, culture, disability, LGBTIQA+ identities, family and caring responsibilities, age, or religion. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria and shares Macquarie University's values of scholarship, empowerment and integrity to apply.
Learn more about our progress towards Equity, Diversity and Inclusion staff.mq.edu.au/work/diversity-and-community