Netball Australia are excited to start the search for our next team member to undertake the position of Market Development Officer which is responsible for providing high level expertise and advice to guide the development of sustainable sport pathways in targeted Pacific Nations and to utilise netball as a tool to engage and empower girls and women internationally. This position will support the Head of Market Development in managing the PacificAusSports program with a strong focus on high performance program development and public diplomacy.
This position is a fixed-term, full-time role to 31 December 2023 which will be based at our head office at Netball Australia in vibrant Fitzroy, Victoria. During any Government lockdowns our teams work flexibly, and we encourage the successful applicant to discuss flexible working options with their new Manager in line with our Flexible Working Policy.
Why join the Netball Crew?
Did you know, eight out of ten Australian families have had some involvement with Netball? Either through playing, volunteering, coaching, assisting with admin or being one of our dedicated fans!
The Diamonds have won 11 out of 14 World Cups (including the inaugural World Championships in 1963). Since netball became a Commonwealth Games sport in 1998, Australia has won four gold medals and are the current number one team in the INF World Rankings.
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who take pride in their skills, love what they do and thoroughly enjoy being part of making Netball one of the most loved sports in Australia.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about the sustainable development and growth of community-based sport initiatives understand how important sport is as a development tool to improve the social and health outcomes of communities. You are enthusiastic about using netball as the platform to engage and empower girls and women internationally.
Some of your standout skills & behaviours include:
- Relevant tertiary education
- Political acumen and demonstrated experience developing relationships with Government departments and international organisations
- Strong administration and project management skills with a proven ability to set priorities, plan work programs, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills and proven ability to build rapport and work with a complex and diverse group of stakeholders
- Solid understanding of best practice sport development principles
- Solid understanding of high performance pathways
- Experience in report writing, submitting funding applications, preparing and monitoring budgets and producing financial acquittals
- Excited by challenges and motivated to find solutions that work for all parties
- Ability to work autonomously and simultaneously as an integral team member
- Experience writing funding applications to government
- Demonstrated alignment with NA values
- Competence with the Microsoft Office suite of products, email and the internet.
Netball Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
We have a collaborative, supportive and diverse culture and promote the continued development of our team members! We believe your religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or culture do not define you nor impact your application or employment with Netball Australia. We are a sport for all people across the community and take pride in providing a diverse, inclusive and safe environment for all.
If this sounds like you, and we hope it does - please submit your current CV and cover letter and we look forward to discussing this fabulous opportunity with you in the near future.