The Ovens & Murray Football Netball League (OMFNL) is affiliated to AFL Northeast Border, AFL Victoria, the AFL, and Netball Victoria. The OMFNL, by many measures, is regarded as a premier regional football and netball competition in Australia. The Operations Manager will have the ability to maintain and advance this reputation.
About the role;
The Operations Manager will report to the General Manager and is ultimately responsible for the league's operations on a day-to-day basis.
The position of Operations Manager (OM) at the OMFNL has become available due to the retirement of the existing incumbent.
In one of the vital administrative positions within the organisation, and reporting to the General Manager, we are looking for an OM who can build and maintain relationships, has operational knowledge of football and netball, has effective communication skills, is experienced in planning day to day activities and can provide administrative assistance.
Major responsibilites include:
Football / Netball Operations
- Collect, crosscheck and enter weekly match day paperwork. Ensure the relevant Football and Netball databases are accurately maintained.
- Prepare and distribute weekly media release of the selected teams and match day results.
- Manage all functions of the OMFNL tribunal, appeal hearings and investigations as required.
- Monitor and perform clearances and registrations and any related disputes.
- Assist in the coordination of the Leagues finals series and act as Ground Manager as required.
- Schedule and coordinate match day camera operators and live streaming contractors.
- Manage the football and netball representative program.
- Manage By-Laws and Rules: liaise with Clubs regarding all by-laws, including conducting an annual review.
- Assist in the ordering and distribution of equipment/resources to Clubs and other key stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate weekly content and the distribution of the football /netball Record “the Critic”.
- Assist in maintaining O&M records and updating them as required.
- Prepare fixtures for all football and netball competitions.
- Attend and act as Secretary at all League meetings.
- Assist with the organisation of official League functions.
- Co-ordinate reports and other content for League Annual Report.
- Co-ordinate and distribute minutes and weekly memos to Clubs and Board Members.
- Other duties as requested by the General Manager.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Highly developed negotiation skills.
- High order interpersonal and communication skills.
- Competencies in information technology and social media.
- A preparedness to work extended hours, including after-hours meetings and weekends during the football/netball season.
- Detailed understanding of governance practices and accountability as they relate to football and netball.
A position description is attached to the advertisement.