SEDA Group (SEDA) is an applied learning education provider. We are a leader in our industry with a respected reputation for successfully developing a model of Senior Secondary School and Vocational Education and Training both inside and outside the classroom. We are a national organisation with a hands-on learning environment that is unrivalled by any other education provider. Together with our peak industry partnerships, we provide unique opportunities and experiences that focus on individual learning which enables our students to become confident young adults. We change people’s lives through individual learning to develop real skills and prepare students for a successful future.
The strength and success of SEDA Group is built on our people and their passion for education. Our staff are accomplished, passionate, collaborative, innovative and engaged with the education of our students, and their professional learning. We have a unique opportunity for a dynamic teacher to teach our Western Sydney Wanderers Sport & Business dual Diploma program in a full-time role.
Reporting to the Industry Diploma Operations Manager, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing an engaging program of learning with strong connections to our program partner, Western Sydney Wanderers;
- Creating a suite of impactful student experiences that align to the curriculum;
- Leading and coaching each student through the development of a tailored career development plan (MyPlan), that is designed to record, monitor and manage skill and career development milestones throughout the program;
- Successfully contributing to the development and delivery of strategic industry projects to ensure quality outcomes for students and for Western Sydney Wanderers;
- Providing mentoring and guidance with respect to employment or further study pathways;
- Fostering a positive and inclusive learning environment for students;
- Contributing to the ongoing evaluation and improvement of our program, and identifying opportunities for growth.
In return for your dedication and commitment to your role, we offer:
- An Employee Assistance Program (confidential, free counselling)
- A generous rewards and benefits program
- Free flu vaccinations and other health initiatives
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community
- Industry partner tickets to events
- And much, much more!
You will be a personable, proactive self-starter who is happy to collaborate and share responsibilities to ensure the best outcomes are provided for young people accessing the program. SEDA will reward you with a competitive salary, genuine career growth opportunities and flexibility, a relaxed and inclusive work culture, working with a team of like-minded individuals who are passionate, energetic and positive about making a valuable contribution to the lives of students.
At SEDA Group, we live our values of professionalism, collaboration, integrity and innovation. You will be joining SEDA as a pivotal part of the teaching team, so it goes without saying that you will have a Tertiary qualification in Education, Physical Education, Human Movement, Sport, Business, or similar, have full NESA Registration and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 or equivalent (or prepared to work towards one prior to commencement). You will also have teaching experience, relevant industry experience (preferably in football), and the ability to deliver excellence by taking personal accountability for achieving high quality outcomes, particularly with management of outcomes for Western Sydney Wanderers.
You will need a current driver’s licence and a current First Aid qualification (including CPR). Conditions of engagement including probation, health and character checks (including police records check and Working with Children Check) will apply to this position. All Applicants need to satisfy the selection criteria outlined in SEDA Group’s Skills First Contract to be eligible for employment.
SEDA Group has a zero-tolerance policy for child abuse and is committed to promoting child safety, children's wellbeing and protecting children from abuse.