Toorak College, located in Mt Eliza on the stunning Mornington Peninsula and recently awarded The Educator’s Employer of Choice 2021, offers an exciting opportunity to guide and lead a department with a proud and rich history of sporting success, participation and engagement.
Participating in sport has always been an integral part of our school culture here at Toorak College. From GSV, rowing, equestrian, aerobics, and over 25 sports on offer, we pride ourselves on providing the best environment where our girls not only feel valued and empowered playing sport but thrive in it too.
“We are thrilled to offer this role within our school at a time when all the fundamental structures are in place to ensure that the successful candidate is empowered to design and implement their own vision for the Sport Program at Toorak College into the future. If you are looking to make a difference, encouraged by those around you to think differently and possess a relentless passion for girls sport, then this role is certainly one for your consideration.” Kristy Kendall, Principal.
Working with the support of a Sports Administration Assistant and a passionate team of teachers and coaches, our new Head of Sport will drive the agenda for quality, participation and development within the department.
The role will appeal to sports minded professionals - both registered teachers with a background in Sport/PE leadership and also to those with a sporting qualification or industry experience. Offered as a permanent full time position, this role will start at the commencement of Term 1, 2022.
Specifically, the successful candidate will possess:
- An inherent understanding of contemporary sporting and learning practices, research and philosophy
- A genuine passion for encouraging young people to reach their potential and goals in sport and school.
- The ability to develop and implement programs that maintain our high level of sporting participation, whilst developing the necessary skills leading to high performance outcomes.
- An ability to mentor and inspire outstanding staff who are passionate about sport and education.
- Demonstrated initiative and examples of leadership on projects or activities.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced and often challenging environment which will require the investment of time both during and after school hours.
- Ability to build productive, highly effective and harmonious working relationships.
Written applications should be directed to Mrs Kristy Kendall, Principal, and should include a covering letter and the details of two confidential referees.
Applications close 9.00am, Wednesday, 22 September 2021