The Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS) has embarked upon a bold and ambitious 2032 Vision, to ‘Inspire Extraordinary Sporting Success.’ QAS now seeks a Head of Performance Science to provide expert leadership and management of the Performance Science unit fostering a collaborative and enterprising environment that is committed to the pursuit of excellence which leads to winning outcomes for athletes and coaches!
QAS understands that expert people with a strong commitment to continuous improvement sits at the heart of achieving extraordinary performance endeavours. This is an exciting time for QAS within the context of the Queensland Government's recent successful bid to host the 2032 Brisbane Olympic Games.
Reporting to the Executive Director Performance Support, the Head of Performance Science will lead and manage the QAS Performance Science Unit through the development and delivery of expert Performance Science services to support athletes and coaches to achieve on the world stage.
To be considered for the Head of Performance Science, you will have a demonstrable track record in successfully leading and managing High Performance teams and demonstrable Performance Science knowledge that has been applied into elite sporting environments.
We are looking for a leader with:
- Demonstrable Performance Science knowledge that has been applied into elite sporting environments and has resulted in sustained medal winning performances.
- Demonstrable experience in developing highly influential and trusting relationships with elite coaches to positively impact on athlete performances.
- Evidence of developing and applying future focussed Performance Science philosophies and concepts to provide elite athlete and coaches with a competitive advantage.
- Proven experience in successfully leading and managing High Performance teams with evidence of providing considered and supportive feedback.
- Contemporary understanding of the needs of elite coaches and athletes who seek to be successful on the international stage.
You will have a degree qualification in sport and exercise science, and a post-graduate qualification in this specific field would be highly desirable. You will also be an ESSA Accredited Sport Scientist - Level 2 (ASpS L2) and possess High Performance Manager accreditations. A minimum ten years’ experience in elite sport at the professional or international level is desired.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader to work within a high-performance team with leadership behaviours conducive to creating environments of excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
International applicants are welcome to apply.
For further information about this opportunity, confidential inquiries to Mark Young of QAS email@example.com
Applications close: 5 December 2021