Harness Racing Victoria (HRV), a statutory body, is responsible for the control, development, and promotion of the Victorian harness racing industry. With strong links to rural and regional communities, we are committed to developing a vibrant and sustainable harness racing industry which promotes participation, integrity, and racing excellence.
As Racing Operations Manager you will be responsible for overseeing all operational activity for Harness Racing Victoria race meetings, held at Tabcorp Park.
Reporting into the General Manager Racing, key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the operational resource planning activity, including recruitment, retention strategies and preparation of rosters within the agreed budget framework.
- Oversee the management and coordination of casual race day staff and contractors; this may include but is not limited to, managing logistics, communicating with staff, contractors and stakeholders and managing performance and conduct.
- Enhance the image and reputation of harness racing at Tabcorp Park, by providing outstanding service to all industry participants, across all trials, race meetings and Pony Trots.
- Assist with the facilitation of staff training, providing recommendations on training requirements.
- Collaboratively develop detailed events management plans for feature event race days and ensure all activity is completed on time and to HRV quality standards.
- Assist the Commercial and Tabcorp Park teams with the development and implementation of strategies for HRV carnivals and major events.
- Build and develop collaborative and trusted relationships across the organisation and with key stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes for the industry.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and statutory requirements, including OHS standards.
Ideally, we are seeking an applicant who meets the following key criteria:
- Relevant qualifications, evidence of experience in an event and or sport management, operations position, management of casual and or volunteer workforce, knowledge, understanding and experience of racing is desirable
- Experience managing racing operations within a similar environment (desirable).
- Strong leadership skills with a passion to inspire, motivate, coach and develop teams.
- A high level of resilience with the ability to anticipate and overcomes obstacles.
- Evidence of good consultation, communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capacity to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, work collaboratively with others negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Detail-focused and organised with the proven capacity to take on and deliver on multiple projects with competing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to participate collaboratively and constructively within teams, as well as initiative and effective personal judgement when working alone.
- Evidence of solutions focus and innovative thinking, ability to assess options and identify and implement solutions.
- Demonstrable experience and competence across the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends (primarily Saturday evenings).
The successful applicant will be required to successfully complete background checks in accordance with Company policy.