The Pony Club is the State Sporting Association representing over 200 Pony Clubs throughout Victoria and across the New South Wales border. Clubs are the foundation of the movement, where riders are encouraged to participate in and enjoy a variety of activities connected with horses and riding within a social club environment. These activities include the conventional disciplines of competition as well as recreational riding activities.
You can find more information about The Pony Club of Victoria here: ponyclubvic.org
In this role you will work closely with the State Council to manage the overall strategic and operational direction of the organization. Driving and guiding the growth and development of participation in the sport in line with the agreed strategic strategies.
Take direct responsibility for the implementation and delivery of the day-to-day operation of the sport across key areas: membership, education programs; competition and event management; staffing; finance; administration and policy development.
Play a lead role in Implementing strategies and practices to grow the participation base throughout VIC and provide pathways for riders, coaches, officials and administrators of all ages, genders, and cultures throughout the State.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business and/or Sports Management
- Proven experience and success at a senior management level, with strong leadership skills and the ability to make difficult decisions
- Experience within a membership focused organisation
- Relationship Management skills
- Experience in developing and managing operating budgets
- Experience in event management
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with volunteer boards and/or committees
Applications close on 6 December
Download the General Manager PD
To have a confidential discussion and find out more about this exciting opportunity, contact Paul Bruce from Left Field Sports on 0407 426 592.
In your application, you should include a covering letter with your resume and provide an indication of the remuneration you are expecting.
Please submit your application via the Left Field website - leftfieldsports.com.au
Left Field Sports have been contracted by Pony Club VIC to manage this search and recruitment project.