Gymnastics Queensland (GQ) are excited to start the search for our next team member to undertake the position of Events Assistant. This exciting position is focused on providing support to the Events Manager by performing daily administrative duties that deliver high quality State events and the successful delivery of other gymnastics events across Queensland.
The role is a full-time position and will provide support to the Events Manager. This role will be based at Gymnastics Queensland head office in the Sleeman Sports Complex, Chandler. Our team works flexibly, and we would encourage the successful applicant to discuss flexible working options with their new manager.
Why join Gymnastics Queensland?
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who love making gymnastics in Queensland the foundation of movement for life.
With a new strategic direction, Brisbane 2032 Olympic Games, a record number of participants and athletes in the sport as well as a renewed focus on making GQ a great place to work, there has never been a more exciting time to join us to help us make our events great.
This is a great opportunity to begin or continue your events career and deliver leading events in sport.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate and enthusiastic about delivering great events and is someone who can communicate well with multiple stakeholders. You have a strong work ethic focused on getting tasks completed to a high level, who can work autonomously but also in a team. You thrive in a high pressure, fast paced role where you are focused on getting the details right to ensure great events are delivered.
You have a passion for sport and may have experience in events or you are looking to start your career in sports events.
Your key deliverables will include:
- Provide and maintain strong customer focus and a high-performing culture.
- Provide high level administration support and assistance, for the delivery of high-quality Category 1 (State Championship) events for all competitive Gymsports (MAG, WAG, RG, TRP, ACR, AER, GfA).
- Ensure the provision of high-quality support to assist, with the delivery and coordination of GQ’s annual awards function and in conjunction with the Events Manager and other key GQ staff.
- Assume the overall responsibility of administrating the sanctioning approval and processes for all category 2 and 3 events.
- Provide high level administration for all sanctioned events across Queensland to ensure successful delivery of events
- Maintain strong and supportive relationships with Gymnastics Australia and key stakeholders including member clubs and technical members.
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, sport or a similar area
Location & Hours
The Gymnastics Queensland office is located at the Sleeman Sports Complex, Cnr Tilley & Old Cleveland Roads Chandler, Brisbane, QLD. The expectation is that this role will be based at the GQ office. The nature of the position may require some weekend work at events or other activities.
Our team works flexibly, and we would encourage the successful applicant to discuss flexible working options with their new manager. Training will be provided in the role.
- Current drivers licence and vehicle
- Must hold or be eligible to hold a Blue Card
- Current First Aid and CPR or willingness to attain
Dependent upon skill level and experience. At the time of applying applicants are encouraged to outline their remuneration expectations.
Commitment to Child Safety
Gymnastics Queensland are committed to safeguarding children in its care. As part of this commitment, we have developed practice and behaviour guidelines. All our personnel, our board of directors and volunteers, are required to observe our practice and behaviour guidelines. When any personnel and volunteers commence with GQ, they are required to sign this Child Safety Commitment Statement.