About the company
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
Shoalhaven Swim | Sport | Fitness is proudly managed by Shoalhaven City Council.
Through management of state-of-the-art sporting facilities and a range of Leisure & Aquatic Centres across our region, as well as Destination Parks (Voyager Park & White Sands Park) and community facilities, Shoalhaven Swim | Sport | Fitness aims to enhance and promote a fun, fit and healthy lifestyle for our growing community.
About the role
The Leisure Manager will be an experienced Precinct Manager who will deliver efficient and well-organised management practices. This position has an emphasis on leadership and motivation in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and will require excellent communication and presentation skills.
An understanding of the key success criteria in operating an Aquatic, Health & Fitness facility is essential. In addition, experience in monitoring & reporting on operational budgets and the management of sporting fields and destination parks.
This permanent, full-time position works 38 hours per week, Monday to Sunday between the hours of 5.00am to 11:00pm (as per the roster) based at the Bay and Basin Leisure Centre – The Wool Road, Vincentia.
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Reporting directly to the Manager - Shoalhaven Swim Sport & Fitness with 6 direct reports to the position, the focus is to:
- Monitor and report on standards of service across Bay & Basin Leisure Centres, sporting fields/amenities, community facilities and destination parks, and identify ways to improve standards and outcomes.
- Oversee the delivery of dynamic and commercially orientated programs and activities.
- Support and guide the Coordinators in the delivery of services across Shoalhaven Swim | Sport | Fitness.
- Foster a safe, efficient, cost effective and customer focused culture based on excellence.
- Contribute to the budget development for the Department, monitor spend and identify ways to improve Return on Investment.
- Ensure processes and protocols are in place for compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies.
- Plan, organise and implement a broad range of programs, activities and services to maximize revenue generating potential of the facility.
- Prepare Council reports which are accurate and concise and include recommended actions, budget compliance, including reporting on any irregularities/anomalies.
- Contribute to the budget management process, including preparation of business case for new activities for consideration by the Department Manager.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/possess:
- Degree in Recreation, Business or Marketing or related discipline or a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in managing Aquatic Facilities, Leisure Centres, Sporting Fields, and/or Showgrounds.
- Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current Apply First Aid Certificate
This position requires a current NSW Working with Children Check. Applicants are required to apply and pay for this check if not already obtained.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs