Melbourne Storm is an Australian professional rugby league club playing in the National Rugby League (NRL) competition. It is the only NRL team based in Victoria and has experienced substantial growth and success in its short history.
About the role
In order to support our Club’s business objectives, an opportunity exists for an experienced Partnerships Manager to join our performance and results focussed Commercial Team.
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships and working closely with members of the Commercial Department, the Partnerships Manager is responsible for managing client relationships, providing exceptional levels of service to business partners and key stakeholders, delivering contractual rights & benefits associated with each partnership and generating additional commercial revenue via sponsorship acquisition, retention and upselling current partners.
This role will be responsible for a number of key deliverables across client and partner engagement, relationship and stakeholder management and acquisition including, but not limited to:
- Managing key stakeholder relationships, both internal and external, to drive full engagement and effective outcomes in the delivery of the commercial strategy.
- Leading relationship management and being the central point of contact for nominated club partners and sponsors.
- Ensuring delivery of all partnership services and benefits in line with contractual arrangements in a timely manner and in line with agreed standards.
- Working collaboratively with relevant internal departments, external agencies and providers to deliver key initiatives in a timely manner and to agreed standard.
- Working effectively with the Commercial team and others on client activation planning.
- Executing tailoring of proposals and developing sales pitches and discussions.
- Identifying potential sponsorship opportunities and targets and execute acquisition strategies to win and maintain business.
- Management of the sponsorship database, ensuring that it is fully optimised and all revenue opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Creation of required reports including post event evaluation and recommendations to ensure continuous improvement.
- Working closely with events and corporate teams in delivering club and partner events as well as hospitality and game day operations.
- Assisting the Commercial team to track costs in line with department budget.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in the development, implementation, and management of key account partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Experience planning, briefing, coordinating stakeholders, implementing, and reporting.
- Previous experience with budget management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with a high attention to detail, to work under pressure and establish priorities, with a commitment to quality outcomes and customer service.
Previous experience working in the sports or entertainment industry will be highly regarded.
What we offer
In return the role will provide opportunity and benefits whilst working in one of the premium sporting clubs in Australia. We are proud to employ people who share the Club’s vision for performance excellence, in whatever role they have been engaged to perform, both on and off the field. Our Club Values of Accountability, Hard Work, Respect, Family and Passion underpin all that we do, and how we do it. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenges and rewards that bring out the best in people and fosters the “purple pride” within!