- Work type: Full-time
- Flexible Location – Burwood OR Geelong Waterfront Campus
- Full-time and Continuing
- HEW 7 - $90,769 - $99,946 + 17% super
Based at either our Geelong Waterfront or Melbourne Burwood Campus, the Sport Producer will lead the development and implementation of sport campaigns and content that promote Deakin University’s brand position and drive consideration of Deakin’s sport discipline.
You will be a creative thinker and a strong project manager, using your knowledge of partnership activation, campaigns and content to work with internal subject matter experts to ensure impactful and effective execution.
You will be a strong stakeholder manager who builds relationships with key executive, marketing and academic stakeholders across the university. Using these relationships, you will work to draw linkages between our research, initiatives, courses and partnerships to find unique ways to promote our world class offering around sport.
You will work closely with our key sporting partners (Geelong Cats, Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race, Netball Victoria and the Deakin Melbourne Boomers), going beyond sponsorship entitlements to identify innovative and impactful ways to draw out mutual benefit.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the creative development, production and optimisation of a year-round campaign, content and communications approach (primarily led by social video but occasionally broadcast) to promote Deakin through a sport lens.
- Ensure creative executions adhere to the brand strategy, communications plan and creative direction.
- Leverage Deakin’s flagship sport partnerships to position Deakin as a leader in sport and promote consideration of Deakin’s sports offering in the Victorian and national markets.
- Ensure that contractual benefits are delivered, maximising their impact on key metrics.
- Manage the ongoing relationships with external agencies – to develop creative and ensure consistency of messaging against all activities.
- Explore new and innovative ways to attract prospective students into Deakin’s sport programs.
- Manage budgets and work with internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure on time and on budget delivery.
- Liaise with internal marketing specialists where required, including acquiring relevant insights, reporting campaign activity, developing final campaign reports, etc.
- Engage senior stakeholders across the university, ensuring that the marketing division’s direction and initiatives for sport are communicated, understood and supported.
- Where appropriate, use agile methodology to plan, execute and communicate sport campaigns.
To be successful you will have:
- An undergraduate degree OR extensive experience in business, marketing, communications and sport management, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Recent sports industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering content, activation and communication campaigns for brands, including stadium LED and super screens, social and display (video and static).
- Demonstrated experience in working with creative/media/sponsorship agencies and production management experience.
Applications for this position close on 30 January 2021
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.