Are you looking for an impactful, community-based opportunity that plays an integral role in the lives of disadvantaged young people? YMCA Bridge Project are seeking enthusiastic individuals to facilitate sport and recreation programs at Ravenhall Correctional Centre – promoting and supporting the health and wellness of young people in the criminal justice system.
About the YMCA Bridge Project
The YMCA Bridge Project supports young people involved in the criminal justice system to make positive changes in their lives through social engagement in custodial centres and in communities. Providing employment opportunities, education, training and sport and recreation services, the Bridge Project believes that with the right support, people who have been involved in the criminal justice system can go on to become positive members of society.
At Ravenhall Correctional Centre, YMCA Bridge Project offers a wide range of active and passive sport and recreation programs and activities to the prisoner population.
About the Role
As the Program Leader, you will aim to provide the prisoner population at Ravenhall Correctional Centre with positive and meaningful social experiences, as well as increasing and improving participation in structured and meaningful healthy activities to improve and promote prisoner engagement, health and wellness.
As Program Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing new and innovate programs, special events and other related opportunities at Ravenhall Correctional Centre
- Building and maintaining positive and supportive relationships with Ravenhall Correctional Centre’s contract partners, staff and management
- Upholding the values of the YMCA at all times
This position is a casual position which includes weekend work, with an hourly rate of $40.68 per hour.
You’re an enthusiastic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of disadvantaged young people. You possess strong interpersonal skills, which will allow you to build strong and positive relationships with a number of stakeholders. You will have experience in delivering sport and recreation programs, and well-developed problem-solving skills. You also possess high levels of initiative, the ability to work with limited supervision and an intermediate level of computer literacy.
In return, YMCA Victoria offers you flexible working and rostering arrangements, opportunities for career development and growth, and a range of further benefits.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications
- Certificate III/IV in Fitness or similar (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the delivery of sport and recreation based training
- Experience working in a custodial setting (desirable)
- Intermediate competence and experience in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate computer literacy
- First Aid & CPR certification
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au.
In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y - online health and wellness