- Make a difference in the community
- Casual Position $42.50 per hour
- Weekend work only
- Newington College Pool, Stanmore (Saturday- 3:00pm - 6:00pm)
- Bexley (Sunday 8:00am - 12:00pm)
- Batemans Bay (opening soon)
- Ulladulla (opening soon)
Rainbow Club is a network of social swimming clubs for children with a disability.
We are looking for a leader at various club locations across Sydney and NSW. Rainbow Club offers both Learn to Swim and Rainbow Squad programs across various clubs to meet the huge demand within the community. We guarantee that you will leave every week feeling the rewards of having made a difference in the lives of children and families with a disability.
The Role - Lead Swim Teacher:
Rainbow Club is looking for an enthusiastic, qualified swimming teacher to lead a team of swimming teachers to help children with disabilities learn to swim.
This is a great opportunity for weekend work only.
- Coordinates and supervises swim teachers at the Club
- Works together with local Rainbow Club Volunteer Committee
- Welcomes new members and assess their ability and continually monitors their progress through our program
- Conducts safe, positive, and motivating swimming classes around our Swim the Rainbow Program 2.0
- Supervises members in swimming classes and exercising judgement over their behaviour to ensure they don’t place themselves or others at risk
- Responsible for safety measures around the pool
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of swim teaching and water safety, ensuring member safety and enjoyment
- Ability to manage members of various ages and abilities in an aquatic learning environment.
- Proven interpersonal and negotiation skills including the ability to liaise with members and parents
What Rainbow Club Offers:
- Ongoing Professional Development Training
- Free CPR Course twice a year
- Rainbow Edge - Online learning platform that gives our teachers the edge when teaching children with a disability
- Above award rates to attract dedicated and passionate teachers
- Supported by a team of Occupational Therapists
- Visual Aids and resources to help reinforce and deliver important goals and instructions
The below licenses are required and will need to be supplied for verification.