- Rarely do opportunities like this become available!
- Take the reins’ & utilise your facility management experience
- Join on the cusp of an exciting facility upgrade of up to $45M
Due to the retirement of the Hunter Sports Centre’s (HSC) long-standing General Manager, the HSC Advisory Board is looking for a highly competent leader, who earns the respect of the team through their actions, knowledge, and leadership style, to assume this pivotal role.
The Hunter Sports Centre is a multi-purpose sporting and community facility, owned by Lake Macquarie City Council and operated by the Hunter Region Sports Centre Administrative Committee Inc.. The HSC is being expanded to deliver a state-of-the-art sporting facility for the Hunter and regional NSW. This professional-grade sporting facility will nurture the talents of athletes from all areas of NSW and beyond, empowering them to compete in national and international events.
The General Manager will lead and manage the facility in accordance with the Constitution and with direction from the Board.
Key responsibilities will include: -
- Administration and Finance
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Promotion of services & programs, whilst continuing to expand current operations
- Facility Management and Development
- Integration of the new facility development into the current operation
Considered ESSENTIAL, the General Manager will need to have a unique blend of skills and management experience in the following areas;
- Multi-purpose facility/ies
- Community programs services and events
- Working with a cross-section of representatives from community, sporting organisations, and Local, State and Federal Government bodies
- A sporting background (ideally at representative level) to understand the complexities of nurturing the talents of athletes to compete at national and international levels
- Demonstrated financial management and budgetary expertise
- Construction business planning, project and contract management
- Legislation and regulatory framework for a multi-purpose facility
- High level analytical and critical thinking skills
- Superior interpersonal, collaborative communication and stakeholder management skills
As well as being able to contribute to and implementing Board directions, the GM will be “hands on” across all aspects of the business and have the capacity to engage at all levels whilst establishing solid relationships with local regional, state and national sporting and community groups and Government bodies.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated commensurate with the high level of competency sought.