Gymnastics Queensland (GQ) are excited to start the search for our next team member to undertake the position of Club Development Coordinator. This position is responsible for supporting GQ’s member clubs through providing services and initiatives to drive growth and sustainability. The position will also focus on increasing participation across schools and inclusions for our member clubs.
The full-time position will work closely with the Club Development Manager to also create and service partnerships which drive growth for our member clubs and develop networking opportunities and collaborations to grow gymnastics in Queensland.
Why join Gymnastics Queensland?
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who love making gymnastics in Queensland the foundation of movement for life.
With the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games starting in July and the Brisbane 2032 Olympics a key focus there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
With a focus on providing a great culture, Gymnastics Queensland will provide, flexible working conditions and great work environment.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate and enthusiastic about increasing participation in sport and as a highly motivated self-starter, with good presentation and communication skills, you will be results orientated, have the ability to innovate and possess skills to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Some of your standout behaviours are:
- A can-do, solution focussed approach to creating new and exciting ways for gymnastics to grow
- A supportive approach to working with our stakeholders
- A collaborative approach to working and a focus on building relationships
- An ability to contribute to developing a high performing culture with GQ
Some of your key deliverables will include:
- Provide and maintain a strong customer focus and a high-performing culture.
- Provide support services to member clubs to drive growth and sustainability.
- Implement initiatives and strategies to increase participation for member clubs in schools across Queensland.
- Service and grow GQ’s formal partnerships with organisations to drive growth and sustainability for our member clubs.
- Implement networking opportunities to position GQ as the leader of the fundamental movement community in Queensland and create collaboration opportunities to leverage our strengths and to grow gymnastics throughout the State.
- Implement initiatives and strategies to increase participation in inclusion programs across Queensland to drive growth and sustainability of member clubs.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality workshops, networking and other opportunities to increase the capability and capacity of technical members, clubs and other stakeholders throughout the State.
- Maintain strong and supportive relationships with key stakeholders including Gymnastics Australia, member clubs, technical members, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in sport or business and/or extensive relevant experience in a related area
Location & Hours
The position will be based at Gymnastics Queensland’s Head Office, which is located at the Sleeman Sports Complex, Cnr. Old Cleveland & Tilley Roads Chandler, Brisbane, QLD. Free parking is available on site.
The nature of the position is Monday – Friday. The nature of the position will require some evening and weekend work as well as travel within Queensland from time to time. Flexible hours can be arranged with your manager.
- Current drivers’ licence and vehicle
- Must hold or be eligible to hold a Blue Card
- Current First Aid and CPR or willingness to attain
Dependent upon skill level and experience. At the time of applying applicants are encouraged to outline their remuneration expectations.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to Steven Campbell – Development Manager by COB 20th May 2022.
Applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the date with initial interviews possibly held prior to the closing date. To apply for or to discuss the role please contact: Steven Campbell – Club Development Manager – 07 3036 5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to Child Safety
Gymnastics Queensland are committed to safeguarding children in its care. As part of this commitment, we have developed practice and behaviour guidelines. All our personnel, our board of directors and volunteers, are required to observe our practice and behaviour guidelines. When any personnel and volunteers commence with GQ, they are required to sign this Child Safety Commitment Statement.