WHO ARE WE?
At Netball Queensland we like to be bold and do things a little differently, we have an ambitious vision of becoming a world class sports organisation, respected for transforming lives through netball.
In this era of women’s sport, Netball Queensland must push the limits and lift expectations, we therefore, need extraordinary people to take our sport into uncharted territory.
We are super proud of our history-making Queensland Firebirds team, we are determined to continue to be the number 1 sport for women and girls in Queensland and we couldn’t be more excited about our new $45 million state-of-the-art Nissan Arena. The next few years are game changing for us and we need the right team in place to make the most of these opportunities.
As a member of an energetic Commercial, Marketing and Events team, you will be all about showcasing the life-changing, inspiring, powerful and innovative stories across netball - grass roots participation and community netball events, sports high-performance and entertainment, fan engagement and experiences at the Nissan Arena venue.
Together with the Head of Marketing and Communications you will build the profile of Netball as a story-telling machine, optimising performance across digital and traditional communication platforms.
Working closely with the marketing leads and in-house videographer, this is your opportunity to create and curate content that will engage current and grow new audiences to build a tribal following.
Your opportunity is to bring our brand and values to life; to challenge and be challenged, to tell the most amazing story untold and to learn, grow and achieve as part of our team.
WHO ARE YOU?
Someone extraordinary in your own unique way!
You are a media influencer and storytelling genius with a strong network of media contacts. You thrive on dreaming up, creating and executing big plans to get the job done. You are a born problem solver, embrace change and are willing to get creative in the pursuit of brilliance. You have exceptional communication skills with the ability to find an angle and write the story in a way that builds tribal fandom and loyal members across every platform. You are relentless in the pursuit of great ideas and seek out disruptive strategies. You are a connector, a go-to person whom people can rely.
Most importantly you have bucket loads of energy, passion and love what you do.
As our Communications and Media Manager you will have responsibilities across communications, media management and content.
- Integrated with and supporting the Marketing Plan, develop and manage Netball Queensland’s Communications Plan encompassing a detailed documentation of communication objectives, audience, strategy, and approach across all channels.
- Prepare and manage corporate communications:
- Crisis and issues management
- Unearth award opportunities and write compelling submissions to leverage success of Netball Queensland and the netball in Queensland community
Media management and Monitoring
- Develop and leverage relationships with metro and regional media outlets to deliver maximum coverage of the Netball Queensland corporate events and community netball initiatives and events; the Queensland Firebirds; and the Queensland State Netball Centre (Nissan Arena) across traditional and digital media.
- Explicitly cultivate sound working relationship with media partners in the interest of driving communications objectives
- SSN media management
- Coach and Player promotion and media management
- Media monitoring including reporting on media reach and cut-through to inform business decision making
- Management of live streaming of community netball events
- As outlined in the Communications Plan, create, publish and catalogue
- Contribute to developing and executing content strategies, in consultation with NQ team members, and work with Netball Queensland’s marketing leads to deliver audience growth across all channels.
YOUR EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
To be the successful in this role you will have:
Qualifications and Experiences
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications, specific to journalism, or communications.
- Minimum five years’ experience in similar communications and media roles.
- Experience leading and executing communications and media strategies
- Knowledge of the Netball landscape and agenda in Queensland and Australia, advantageous
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience in storytelling in both traditional and digital communications.
- Adaptable writing skills and exceptional ability to define tone of voice, from traditional news to blogging style and everything in between.
- Strong editorial judgement, writing and communications skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of current best practice and trends within the media, digital and communications arenas.
- Excellent knowledge of digital platforms; interested in trends across social media, other digital mediums, sports and always up-to-date with latest developments.
- Experience in crisis management and strategy development in this area.
- Established media relationships and contacts within the industry.
- Share Netball Queensland’s values of collaborative, professional, accountable, respectful and innovative. The backbone of our organisation is TRUST - in our people and in our brand.
- Strong adaptability in a continuously changing work environment.
- A love of and ability to travel.
- A strong knowledge and love of sport; specific experience in or passion for netball would be ideal but not essential.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
To achieve our vision of becoming a world-class sports organisation respected for transforming lives through netball, Netball Queensland must have the best and brightest team on and off the court. Your reward for stepping into this challenge will be:
- A high-performance culture where you will lead and be led, challenge and be challenged.
- Professional development and a strong commitment to support your career growth.
- Flexible work practices to enable you to live your best life.
- Excellent working facilities in our brand new, state of the art Nissan Arena, and in several locations across the state.
- On-site parking at Nissan Arena.
- Tickets to events at our venue.
- Opportunities with our corporate sponsors.
- And above all, the opportunity to directly impact our great game of netball and ensure its sustainability for generations to come!