U@MQ Ltd has an opening for a General Manager - Sport & Recreation, to join the U@MQ Executive Management Team. Sport & Recreation is a multi-million dollar turnover business and covers the operations of the University's Sport & Aquatic Centre, the University Sports fields and a variety of programs and relationships with internal and external partners.
This is a hands-on role aimed at driving commercial performance, maximising participation and engagement in sport and recreational activities and initiatives, while ensuring that our offerings meet the evolving needs of our student, staff and wider community cohorts. A key aspect to the role is to create and implement strategies that improve customer experience and create a sense of belonging with Macquarie University.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for providing leadership and day to day general management experience to a key dynamic component of the U@MQ business.
- Complementary Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre access
- Ongoing education and professional development opportunities
- Access to our staff wellbeing program and staff support services
- Working on a vibrant parkland campus, with a huge variety of food & beverage outlets, and general practice & hospital amenities
- Access to discounted corporate health insurance and employee flu shot program
- Full access to the University's Library
- Staff discounts at U@MQ operated hospitality outlets
To be successful in this role, you will have a commercial mindset combined with a customer experience focus and an ability to work independently. You are a critical thinker and creative problem solver with excellent all-round business and organisational skills and a high attention to detail. Experience in the Sport & Recreation sector is not essential, but you will have an interest in this space. You are committed to equity and inclusion, demonstrate initiative, and are driven to achieve excellence in the workplace.
In addition, you will meet the following criteria:
- Experience in leadership roles in a commercial environment, with demonstrated ability to drive operational and finance performance
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading a diverse team in driving a positive and inclusive culture
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and commercial operational plans aimed at driving commercial performance
- Demonstrated experience in managing a large commercial cost centre across a diverse set of service offerings
- Ability to set priorities, plan work programs, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and project management skills
- Experience developing and supervising customer service teams that focus on the customer experience
- Experience in setting, monitoring, and analysis of financial budgets, to ensure achievement of performance and finance objectives
- Experience in risk management as pertains to managing a large-scale sport, aquatics and recreation business
- Have a current/valid First Aid qualification
- Have a current NSW Working with Children Check
Standard work hours will vary to include weekend and evening work on a rotational basis to meet the needs of the business.
U@MQ Ltd is a controlled entity of Macquarie University and is a seven-days' a week operation. We provide a range of services and programs for students, staff, visitors, and local community with a remit to "bring life to our campus" providing a balance between academic and non-academic life. At U@MQ we believe in a diverse, robust, and supportive work environment. We know our capacity to drive progressive change and offer excellent programs and services is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are committed to our people; we embrace diversity and welcome our people just as they are.
To be considered for this position click APPLY NOW you must submit your CV and a cover letter addressing your suitability for this role.
If you need any support or reasonable adjustments through this recruitment process, please let us know so we can provide the support you need.
Any questions please contact: Peter Boyle on 0428 829 428 or email@example.com.
Applications close Sunday, 22 May 2022 at 11pm