Dragon Boats New South Wales (DBNSW) is the state governing body for Dragon Boating. We currently have over 3,000 diverse and vibrant members stretching from Ballina to Jindabyne, and every water way in between across 60+ affiliated clubs.
This is a permanent part-time role with a normal week of 15-20 hours.
The Equipment, Facilities & Events Coordinator plays a critical operational role in the preparation, planning and delivery, of all state DBNSW events.
Your primary place of work will be based at our Sydney Olympic Office and at times our Bank Street compound, Pyrmont. However, we offer a flexible working environment with mix of remote and face to face interactions.
Your duties will include:
- Effective operations support of DBNSW regattas
- Oversee the boat and equipment preparation at each regatta
- Coordinate the pick-up and return of boats and equipment for each regatta
- Ensure each regatta site is set up with all necessary gear and equipment
- Equipment Maintenance Management, ensure DBNSW boats and equipment are kept in good working order, managing any external contractors.
We're interested in hearing from people who:
- Experience assisting the operational planning and delivery of events
- Have a sound understanding of events management, including work health and safety, risk management and compliance requirements relating to the delivery of events
- Have professional and proactive communication skills with a attention to detail, and ability to create collaborative relationships
- Are innovative and creative thinkers who can actively translate their ideas into practice and develop solutions to the problems they identify.
Please refer to attached Position Description for more detail.
This is a permanent part-time role with a normal week of 15-20 hours. However, due to the nature of this industry, some work outside of regular working hours (including evenings and weekends) may be required. This includes occasional work at DBNSW regattas during the season.
Dragon Boats NSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.