About the Carlton Football Club
Carlton Football Club is one of Australia’s oldest and most prominent sporting institutions.
With 16 Premierships, we are the equal most successful club in the AFL.
We are a proud foundation Club of the AFLW and a Grand Finalist for the 2019 AFLW season.
Our future is being shaped by a strong vision and underpinned by our core values.
We believe that a united football club, relentless in the pursuit of excellence who hold ourselves and each other accountable can achieve anything.
This is the Carlton Way.
About the position
The Carlton Football Club membership team is responsible for generating the maximum number of membership sales whilst helping to build the strongest possible emotional connection with its members.
The Membership Sales Officer will report into the Membership Sales Lead and will be responsible for the achievement of their own daily sales figures through a combination of inbound and outbound calls to unrenewed members and prospects. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all membership enquiries are to be responded to in a timely and accurate manner via phone, emails and face-to face with a key sales and customer service focus.
This position is based at Ikon Park in Carlton North and will be offered on a casual basis.
The Membership Sales Officer will be responsible for the following key duties and responsibilities:
Call Centre Renewals
- Bring a sales focus to each and every membership interaction
- Process new memberships and renewals through the Clubs CRM (Archtics)
- Achieve sales targets as agreed upon with the Membership Manager
- Provide exceptional customer service consistently in line with the agreed clubs standards
- Ensure all inbound phone calls and emails are answered efficiently and call wait times are minimal
- Follow up calls when necessary
- Effectively resolve any member issues via phone and email
Inbound and Outbound Call Centre Sales and Retention Activities
- Actively pursue sales and upgrade opportunities primarily via outbound calls
- Undertake inbound membership sales
- Undertake outbound sales calls to unrenewed members
- Achieve sales/call targets as agreed upon with the Membership Manager
- Undertake outbound member sales calls to upgrade membership packages
- Actively identify upgrade opportunities for members
- Provide customers with product and service information
- Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to all customer communications
- Flexibility to work after hours/weekends as required in busy sales periods
- Ensure that all personal details are entered correctly and accurately into the database
- Assist with account cleanups and reporting
Demonstrating exceptional level of customer service
- Strive to exceed the customer’s expectations, where the standards and level of service received exceed what the customer could reasonably define as normal or expected
Key selection criteria
Applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong sales and customer service background preferably in sporting, retail or health club sales
- Experience in delivering exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to work collaboratively across teams and locations
- Previous experience with Archtics (CRM system) will be seen as an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment