- Take a committed team to the next level of performance
- Strategy, Operational Excellence and Growth
- Immediate start based in Crows Nest, NSW
Northern Suburbs Basketball Association (Norths) is a not-for-profit sports association, located in the heart of Crows Nest. Norths is dedicated to serving our 3,500 members and sharing the love of basketball within our community.
The board are looking for a leader to take a small, committed team to the next level in achieving our vision to be the community sport of choice for our region and to develop key relationships with government, stakeholders and partners.
Focus of this role is to provide an outstanding Member experience for the thousands of members walking through our door each week, our staff and over 600 volunteers.
What will my role look like?
The General Manager is a full-time hands-on role with accountability for five critical areas at Norths:
- Lead the development of a medium-term strategic plan followed by the creation of annual plans, budgets and specific projects to deliver effective, timely and measurable outcomes consistent with the strategy;
- Effectively lead operations of NSBA to create excellence in member satisfaction. You would manage and motivate the team to share the vision and deliver against annual plans and grow their own careers in officiating, development and sports administration;
- Manage governance and compliance including safety, people and financial operations, maintaining an effective working relationship with the non-executive volunteer board;
- Work with Marketing Manager to promote services and programs and obtain and sustain valued sponsorships and partnerships; and
- Drive initiatives to secure access to further facilities (including new stadiums) through developing key relationships with government, stakeholders and partners.
Norths operates 7 days a week, excluding public holidays, so you will need to have flexibility around your times of work including occasionally weekends depending on events. It is envisaged that you will create the required accountabilities around a well performing team to achieve coverage and escalation if needed.
What you will have:
- Superior interpersonal, collaborative communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ideally worked with representatives from the community, sporting organisations and Local, State and Federal Government bodies
- Have more than 10 years’ business/organisation management experience with a relevant degree
- Able to make decisions using high level analytical and critical thinking skills or sound financial knowledge
- A love of sport and the role it plays in contributing to a community and the well-being of people
- Ability to use technology to improve processes, procedures and efficiency.
- NSW Working with Children’s Check, Drivers Licence and unrestricted Australian working rights
Working at Norths brings great satisfaction so it’s yours for the taking. So, will you? Come and play at Norths.