The Western Australian Institute of Sport (WAIS) is the peak high-performance sporting organisation in Western Australia. WAIS has a proud history of Olympic, Paralympic and World Champions who have accomplished amazing achievements within sport and in life. WAIS enables and supports WA athletes to achieve success on a national and international level. Our culture of Striving for Excellence is lived through the behaviours of athletes and staff that demonstrate Passion, Integrity, Quality and Teamwork.
WAIS is proudly supported by the State Government and is a member of the National Institute Network who collectively support National and State Sporting Organisations to deliver the National High Performance Sport Strategy.
About the role
The Head Coach - Women’s Basketball will join the WAIS National Performance Enhancement Team, to lead our new Women’s Basketball Sport Program. Reporting to the Performance Team Director - National, the Head Coach is responsible for leading a high performance daily training environment that successfully develops basketball athletes for senior national squad selection.
Core duties will include:
- Lead the interdisciplinary collaboration of the sport program Performance Enhancement Team
- Coach athletes for in preparation for both 5x5 and 3x3 national representation
- Deliver effective individual athlete plans for all WAIS Women’s Basketball athletes that support their progress towards identified goals
- Ensure that all sport program operations are compliant with WAIS policies
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with the proven ability to develop basketball athletes to a national and international level. You will have sound knowledge of contemporary issues associated with high performance sport and the development of elite athletes for success in the National and International arena.
The following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of current trends related to High Performance systems and operations.
- Knowledge of current trends in coaching science and practice
- Knowledge and understanding of female health, and sport integrity issues faced by current and aspiring international athletes.
- Track record of effective stakeholder management.?
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and experts.
This is a full-time position with contract term to be negotiated.
Anticipated salary is from $98,918 - $107,942 + Superannuation and will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Building System Capability
At WAIS, we offer career opportunities for people who share our ambition and passion for high performance sport. From graduates to expert professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as we grow. We would love you to be part of our journey.