Can you bring your proven high performance leadership skills to progress New Zealand’s athletes and inspire New Zealand?
Snow Sports New Zealand is the national sporting organisation representing the interests of adaptive snow sports, alpine ski racing, cross country skiing, freeskiing and snowboarding. Snow Sports NZ's purpose is to lead the growth and success of competitive snow sports in New Zealand. Snow Sports NZ's vision is to have New Zealand athletes consistently winning medals on the world stage.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the High Performance Director will be responsible for creating the platform and environment that delivers sustainable multi medal, multi cycle success at pinnacle events with a people first approach providing innovative and future focused initiatives to support Snow Sports NZ athletes, coaches and wider team support team.
Does this sound like you?
- You live to be involved in high performance sport…...it’s why you wake up in the morning.
- You are passionate about making a difference and want to be involved in inspiring New Zealanders through high performance sport success.
- You can demonstrate the highest professional standards and personal credibility within the global HP industry preferably with a slant to winter and snow sports.
- You’ll have to show us that you know your stuff, have relevant knowledge and experience at managing/delivering various disciplines to support athletes and coaches up and down the athlete pathway.
- You have a proven track record in World Class medal winning campaigns.
- You’ve got a verifiable ability to create change in athlete performance and associated behaviours as well as the ability to lead teams, specifically building and leading interdisciplinary teams.
- You can build and maintain relationships in NZ and internationally.
- You can work independently and flexibly to meet the needs of internationally based sports programmes but be willing to be part of a small and close-knit team.
Candidates wishing to be considered for this role should first read the position description and selection criteria and complete the compulsory Sportspeople Recruitment Application Form prior to applying:
The High Performance Director Snow Sports New Zealand search and recruitment process is being managed exclusively by Sportspeople Recruitment - a specialist division of People Recruitment Group.
In the first instance general enquiries should be directed to Karen Good on M: 021 231 9602 or +64 21 231 9602.