Melbourne Girls Grammar’s world-class Artemis Centre was opened in 2017 and boasts modern facilities including a 25m swimming pool, multi-purpose court, Jump Start gymnastics room, Fitness Hub with gym equipment, dance and yoga studio, outdoor seating amphitheatre, Learning Commons and café with indoor/outdoor meeting spaces. The Artemis Centre enables MGGS to provide a wide variety of programs including Artemis Gymnastics, Artemis Aquatics as well as Artemis Holiday Clinics and other resources that underpin our proactive approach to student wellbeing.
Visit the Artemis Centre website to read more about our state-of-the-art facilities and Artemis Gymnastics program.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Head of Jump Start Gymnastics with the passion, capability, and aptitude to lead a well-rounded program that emphasises enjoyment, wellbeing, long-term participation, and competency-appropriate development.
Artemis Gymnastics offer recreational gymnastics programs for boys and girls aged 4 - 10 years, for both MGGS and non-MGGS students. The primary purpose is to inspire all students to lead a physically active and healthy life by teaching them fundamental movement skills in a fun, safe, inclusive and enjoyable space. The Head of Jumpstart Gymnastics will be responsible for leading the continued growth and development of these aims.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coaching, developing, and managing a suite of engaging, fun, and inspiring foundational gymnastic programs to encourage active, creative, and confident children;
- Providing high quality coach development and mentoring, including recruitment when required;
- Leading the continued growth and development of the current program as a foundation for building future opportunities within the range of GymSport offerings, with a specific focus on extending the program for teens and young adults;
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to assist with meeting curriculum requirements;
- Assisting with the promotion and marketing of Program information to internal and external communities; and
- Program management and administration.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum Intermediate Level Gymnastics Coaching accreditation;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ gymnastics/cheer/tumbling coaching experience;
- Demonstrated experience managing a gymnastics program or similar;
- A passion for gymnastics and providing opportunities and positive experiences for children to get involved;
- Strong organisational skills, a customer service orientation and flexibility with working hours;
- Current Gymnastics Australia Technical Membership
- Current HLTAID009 (001) Provide CPR and HLTAID011 (003) Provide First Aid qualifications; and
- Current Victorian Employee Working with Children Check.
Please view the Position Description for further details about this role.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Directions