Netball Australia are excited to start the search for our next team member to undertake the position of Head of Marketing which is responsible for the strategic marketing vision for Netball Australia and the netball ecosystem. This position will lead the direction and implementation of clear brand and communication strategies for our sport and will create integrated marketing campaigns that cultivate brand awareness and positive sentiment towards Netball. The successful candidate will be responsible in delivering strategies and campaigns that inspire, attract and encourage growth of our game through watching, playing and subscribing.
This is a full-time which will be based at our head office at Netball Australia in vibrant Fitzroy, Victoria. Our Teams work flexibly, and we encourage the successful applicant to discuss flexible working options with their new Manager in line with our Flexible Working Policy.
Why join the Netball Crew?
Did you know, eight out of ten Australian families have had some involvement with Netball? Either through playing, volunteering, coaching, assisting with admin or being one of our dedicated fans!
The Diamonds have won 11 out of 14 World Cups (including the inaugural World Championships in 1963). Since netball became a Commonwealth Games sport in 1998, Australia has won four gold medals and are the current number one team in the INF World Rankings.
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who take pride in their skills, love what they do and thoroughly enjoy being part of making Netball one of the most loved sports in Australia.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about sport, about people, and enthusiastic about our brand, bringing it to life through strategy, positioning and touch points. You are motivated and collaborative in your approach with internal and external stakeholders and thrive on developing and mentoring those around you.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Establish a clear role for Netball in the market through designing and implementing compelling brand strategy and positioning for the sport, which customers and employees buy into through our products, partnerships, and experiences.
- Lead the marketing strategy and positioning for netball, outlining objectives for target customer segments across playing, watching, attending, and subscribing to the game.
- Establish the Netball brand image that informs consistent brand experiences across all internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with SSN, Events & Commercial pillar, Community pillar, Member Organisations and Super Netball clubs to align to strategic priorities and focus areas.
- Work in partnership with netballs broadcast partners to develop the Watch Netball marketing strategy, and associated campaigns.
- Support the Commercial Partnerships team in the alignment of partner-led fan engagement initiatives, ensuring alignment to brand, customer, and marketing strategy.
- Growing and enhancing Netball Australia’s brand and audience through a variety of channels including traditional and digital media with a significant focus on audience growth across owned digital channels.
- Work with the Head of Media & PR to plan, develop and implement PR strategies ensuring consultation with different stakeholders to ensure communication activities are consistent with Netball Australia’s strategic direction.
- Monitor brand health and tracking by recommending ways to track Netball brand awareness and sentiment.
- Own Netball’s customer segmentation, clearly defining target customer groups to input into strategy planning.
- Champion netball’s customer and lead the ongoing education, and awareness about our customers across all internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead, develop and embed Netball’s customer strategy and customer experience roadmap.
- Lead and develop a first-party data strategy for Netball to ensure customer data growth and engagement.
- Engage, brief, and manage agency partners from defining scope of work to reporting.
- Manage advertising and media plans to drive awareness, consideration, conversion, and connection to watching, playing, attending, or subscribing to the game.
- Work in partnership with EGM Media to develop strategic initiatives and subsequent operational and budget planning to support these initiatives.
- Manages and mentors the wider marketing team including the fostering of clear and achievable objects for each member of the team to enable their personal development growth.
- Oversee the briefing process, prioritisation, and production of work into the graphic design team.
- Manage the performance of staff, establishing performance measures across the team.
Some of your standout behaviours are:
- Proven track record of managing, designing and implementing strategic brand and positioning strategies.
- Experiencing managing and mentoring teams.
- Innovative thinking and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Articulates complex concepts clearly to a broad audience.
- Solves problems pragmatically utilizing a range of proven methodologies.
- Understands delivery methodology and is able to implement frameworks and processes.
- Builds effective relationships across all levels and areas of the business and more broader sport ecosystem.
- Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Relevant degree in marketing, communications or similar.
- At least 7-10 years in a similar marketing, brand, and/or customer leadership position.
- Demonstrated insight-led and customer-first mindset.
- Ability to drive positive change through collaboration and influence.
- Proven experience designing and implementing brand, marketing, and customer experience (CX) strategies, utilising industry benchmarks and best practice methods.
- Strong strategic focus and collaborative relationship experience.
- Proven experience in managing timeframes and budget.
- Experience providing strategic advice at leadership level.
- People management experience and a strong cultural environment mindset, focusing on team, respect, and agility.
- Professional sports industry experience
- Solid understanding of the federated sports model
Netball Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
We have a collaborative, supportive and diverse culture and promote the continued development of our team members! We believe your religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or culture do not define you nor impact your application or employment with Netball Australia. We are a sport for all people across the community and take pride in providing a diverse, inclusive and safe environment for all.
If this sounds like you, and we hope it does - please submit your current CV and cover letter and we look forward to discussing this fabulous opportunity with you in the near future. For any further information, please contact Britt Giles at firstname.lastname@example.org