Sport Staff One is Australia’s largest network of coaches and umpires. Our aim is to develop passionate people, support community and strengthen sport - everywhere.
The Sport Staff Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating sport bookings, sourcing officials/coaches and communicating with our clients to deliver a reliable and professional service. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced sports environment to facilitate our key services: coaching, officiating & medical services.
The role will be casual with full-time equivalent hours both at our Docklands (Melbourne CBD) office and Working-From-Home (flexible working arrangements). With expected business growth this position may become permanent.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Sport Staff Coordinator will include:
- Recruit sport staff (coaches, umpires / referees, first aid officers and officials) to meet the demand of our client schools, semi-professional leagues and recreational competitions. This task is undertaken frequently and across various platforms to ensure sufficient supply.
- Coordinate a high volume of daily requests for sport staff to ensure vacancies are filled with suitably qualified, background-checked and experienced individuals.
- Perform regular new sport staff inductions outlining company policies, expectations, requirements and supplying uniforms.
- Engage heavily with state sporting organisations, associations, leagues and other stakeholders to source new staff.
- Communicate and meet with existing and prospective clients to sell services, meet day-to-day requirements and undertake service level appraisals.
- Contribute to the development of the business’s marketing/sales strategies and social media/web presence.
- Manage the daily operations of the office including organising mail, answering phones, responding to requests and scheduling meetings and inductions.
- Undertake other projects or tasks as needed both autonomously and as a team.
You will be joining a fun, fast-paced environment with a diverse team of sport-loving staff. We have a highly collaborative and progressive culture, and a can-do approach to any challenges that arise. Our staff are encouraged to take initiative, communicate frequently and present new ideas.
Although each day you will be expected to complete routine operational responsibilities, you can expect new and exciting challenges often, which will require you to work closely with colleagues to find solutions, both at an operational and strategic level.
Whilst we work hard, our staff are regularly recognised with team celebrations and rewards in appreciation of their contributions.
- Strong work ethic and a self-starter
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Willingness to use initiative and go above and beyond in all customer service interactions
- High level attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and passion for sport
Considered applicants must hold the following essential requirements:
- A valid Victorian Working with Children’s Check (employee)
- Driver's License
Tertiary or vocational qualifications in Sports Management, Sport Development or similar is favourable but NOT essential.
Experience within the sports or events industries, or comparable operational experience from other industries will be highly favourable.
Don't delay. We are happy to consider the right candidate quickly and have opportunities available for an immediate start.