We are currently seeking an enthusiastic person to join PCYC Wagga Wagga. A Senior Activities Coordinator has a varied and flexible role, responsible for the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the club’s stadium and the delivery of sporting competitions, group activities programs and events. If you have sports competition management experience, the ability to manage a large, multi-purpose venue, and you are passionate about making a life changing difference in your community, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Full Time position available at PCYC Wagga Wagga
Incentives to work with us!
- Increase your take home pay - salary package (tax free!) up to $15,899 in per annum AND up to $2,650 for Meal Entertainment
- Enjoy generous leave entitlements including an additional 9 days’ Family Leave PLUS a day off for your birthday!
- Access a range of discounts on everyday items such as groceries, clothing and health insurance
- Free PCYC gym membership
- Workplace flexibility; morning and afternoon shifts
- Career progression opportunities
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Wagga Wagga team to provide positive experiences to young people. In this varied and flexible role, classified as a Senior Activities Officer under our Enterprise Agreement, you will:
- Be a key contact person for external and internal stakeholders
- Maintain a high level of customer service with all stakeholders
- Deliver group activities and programs based in accordance with PCYC and customer requirements
- Have responsibility for all aspects of competition management
- Assist the Club Manager to oversee venue operations, resource allocation and maintain control of venue assets, equipment and facilities
- Have the ability to monitor stadium operating costs for compliance to the approved budget
- Ensure that stadium revenue meets or exceeds budget projections
Coordinate and maintain the venue to ensure it remains fully-functional and clean
- Review and mitigate risks associated with delivery of all aspects of events
PCYC NSW is a life changing charity, established in 1937, that works in partnership with community and NSW Police to empower youth, get kids active in life, and reduce and prevent youth crime.
Over 100,000 people are members of our 66 clubs around NSW.
Are you a passionate person and have flexibility to work evenings, school holidays and an occasional weekend shift? The successful candidate will:
- Have sports competition management experience
- Have previous operational knowledge of managing a large, multi-purpose venue
- Possess outstanding communication and liaison skills and able to forge strong professional working relationships with people
- Have exceptional organisational skills, able to work on multiple projects and tasks at once
- Have outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Be enthusiastic and reliable with a positive attitude
- Be able to work well under pressure and in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Be reliable and trustworthy for the care of young people
- Be an autonomous worker as well as a team player
- Have the ability to obtain compliant Working With Children Check and National Police Check
If so, then Apply today!
Don’t miss this opportunity to become part of the PCYC team and work for an organisation with a proud and long history, where you empower young people and change lives.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain an annual Working with Children Check and National Police Criminal History Background Check.