- Full-Time Role | Dandenong Location
- Great Pay | Free Gym & Pool Access | Onsite Cafe with Staff Discounts
- Free onsite parking | Positive & Fun work environment | Leadership Position
About the role
As a member of the Leadership team, the Aquatic Programs Team Leader supports the growth and development of the Learn to Swim and schools swimming lesson program across two (2) facilities (Dandenong Oasis and Noble Park Aquatic Centre).
The Aquatic Programs Team Leader works under the general direction of the Aquatic Coordinator and is responsible for delivery of the highest standard Learn to Swim program possible. This position is integral to the success of the aquatic programs, providing on-going training and supervision to all program staff.
The Aquatic Programs Team Leader is expected to provide outstanding customer service and possess extensive knowledge of aquatic programs, along with a deep understanding of the aquatic industry. This role entails planning and organisation of lessons, as well as providing leadership to the team with a focus on professionalism, equality, teamwork, accountability, and innovation to enhance service delivery continuously.
In this position, you will be accountable for nurturing strong relationships with various bookings, including local clubs and schools. You will actively pursue opportunities to expand school lessons and user group bookings, contributing to the growth and success of the aquatic programs.
Key Responsibilities and Specialist Skills
- Responsible for leadership of the Learn to Swim program across multiple sites
- Responsible for the booking and management of schools swimming carnivals
- Create and maintain strong working relationship with local school representatives
- Provide guidance and support to the leadership of the swim lesson programs
- Provide any monthly or annual reporting as required
- Staff management i.e., rostering, development, training, coaching, recruitment
- Processing fortnightly payroll
- Lead and promote a positive safety culture
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in student and parent management of swim lesson program
- Experience performing swim teacher duties
- Moderate level computer literacy
- First Aid and CPR
- Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety Certificate
Reports to Aquatic Programs Coordinator
Major contacts Internal Liaisons
- Leadership team
- Swim teachers
- School Representatives
- Community Groups
- Students and Parents
About South East Leisure
South East Leisure are a leisure management company based in the City of Greater Dandenong with a vision to enhance the health and wellbeing of our community by providing sustainable world class experiences.
We, at South East Leisure pride ourselves on being driven by our values:
CARE – We care about our people, our actions, and our outcomes
OPEN – We are honest, transparent, and respectful in our actions
FUN – We work hard, we have fun and celebrate our success
SUSTAINABLE – We provide commercially and environmentally sustainable outcomes
South East Leisure manage and operate the four major leisure facilities in the Greater Dandenong area:
- Dandenong Oasis
- Noble Park Aquatic Centre
- Springers Leisure Centre
- Dandenong Stadium
We are committed to building a team full of positive, hardworking, and adaptable superstars. In return for your passion and commitment, we will:
- Provide you with flexibility in your role - We are passionate about creating a healthy work life balance
- Encourage you to contribute to our social and environmental outcomes
- We are passionate about creating a positive social impact and are always exploring ways that we can implement environmentally sustainable improvements.
- We will always value and listen to your ideas into ways we can improve our programs, services and business.
Our Purpose is to improve community health and wellbeing outcomes through accessible, high quality leisure experiences.
Our Vision is to be the destination of choice providing sustainable world class experiences that enhance the overall health and wellbeing of our community.
We support the provision of a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and bullying and refrain from engagement in any activities that may be offensive, humiliating, uncomfortable for; or derogatory towards; other staff or the community.
Safeguarding Children and vulnerable adults Commitment
SEL wants children and vulnerable adults to be safe, feel safe, happy, and empowered; we take all reasonable steps to ensure candidates are appropriately screened and to employ skilled staff to work with children and vulnerable adults and have zero tolerance for all forms of harm.
At South East Leisure, our core value is Care. We are proud to demonstrate Care to our people by offering the following benefits:
- Complimentary Full-Access membership to SEL managed Aquatic and Leisure Facilities.
- $1 coffees
- 25% discount on all full-price food and beverage purchases from SEL cafes
- 25% discount on all full-price merchandise purchases from SEL managed facilities
- Employee Values Champions Reward and Recognition program
- Social Club and team building events
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to industry committees and networks
- Mentor program and rewarding career pathways
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Sacrifice options for permanent staff, including motor vehicle novated leases and superannuation contributions