Gymnastics Queensland (GQ) is excited to start the search for our next team member to undertake the position of Education Coordinator.
The Education Coordinator is tasked with coordinating the delivery of high-quality education courses to assist clubs, coaches, and judges in obtaining accreditations. This full-time position (38 hours per week) involves close collaboration with coaches, judges, and clubs to organise and conduct education courses across eight gymsports, encompassing Beginner to Advanced Silver accreditations.
The position will be based at Gymnastics Queensland head office in the Sleeman Sports Complex, Chandler.
Why join Gymnastics Queensland?
Gymnastics Queensland serves as the governing body for gymnastics in the state, boasting a membership of 58,000, spread across 7 Gymsports and 123 clubs situated in 148 venues. This is an opportune moment for you to join us, as we set our sights on the upcoming Paris 2024 and Brisbane 2032 Olympics and our goal of 100,000 members by 2032.
At the core of GQ's mission is the vision that gymnastics is the foundation of movement for life.
Joining us now means becoming a part of an exciting phase in the sport, marked by a record-breaking number of members in 2023, a surge of new clubs expressing interest in affiliating with GQ and GQ celebrating our 75th anniversary in 2024.
GQ aims to be forward-thinking and progressive, providing an exciting and dynamic environment for individuals seeking to contribute to the development and growth of Gymnastics through our accreditation programs.
You have a passion for facilitating the education of coaches and judges to grow and develop the sport. As a highly motivated individual with natural organisational skills, you thrive with process driven tasks that require a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. You have the ability to meet deadlines and are at your best in a busy environment. You also possess experience or knowledge of accreditation systems in gymnastics or another sport and have strengths in providing a high level of customer service.
Here are some notable behaviours that set you apart:
- A collaborative and customer focused approach
- A can-do, solution focussed approach to supporting and developing gymnastics technical members and clubs
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in the way you carry out your work
- A process driven mindset
- Hard working with the ability to meet deadlines
- An ability to contribute to developing a high performing culture with GQ
- A passion for growing and developing all Gymsports
Your main duties will include:
- Provide visible leadership and maintain strong customer focus and a high-performing culture within GQ.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality coach and judge education courses, with the aim to increase the capacity and capability of coaches and judges within Queensland.
- Coordinate education initiatives aimed at building the capability and capacity of technical members such as education week.
- Maintain strong and supportive relationships with Gymnastics Australia, clubs, technical members, presenters and other key stakeholders.
- We Have the conversation
- We Respect each other
- We Are solutions focused
- We Prioritise our purpose
- We Take responsibility
Experience, Qualifications & Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in sport or business and/or relevant experience in a related area
- Coach or official’s accreditation in Gymnastics or another sport
- Experience or knowledge in gymnastics accreditation and education pathways
- Experience of working with volunteers, coaches, judges and clubs
Location & Hours
The position will be based at Gymnastics Queensland’s Head Office which is located at the Sleeman Sports Complex, Cnr. Old Cleveland & Tilley Roads Chandler, Brisbane, QLD. Free parking is available on site.
The nature of the position is Monday - Friday. The nature of the position may require weekend work at times throughout the year.
- Current drivers licence and vehicle
- Must hold a valid Blue Card
Dependent upon skill level and experience. At the time of applying, applicants are encouraged to outline their remuneration expectations.
Child safe statement
Gymnastics Queensland is committed to protecting Children from harm. We require all applicants that will work with Children to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Gymnastics Queensland is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all Children that are involved in our sport. Our policies and procedures seek to address risks to child safety and to establish a child safe culture and practices.