Our QAS Vision is “Inspiring Extraordinary Sporting Success” and the performance of Queensland athletes at the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games demonstrated the state’s sporting strengths. Now, we’re on the runway to Paris 2024, Los Angeles 2028 and then it’s the opportunity of a lifetime with home games here in Brisbane, with the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Talent and Coaching Operations Coordinator is responsible for providing executive assistance and project support to the Executive Director, Talent and Coaching while remaining agile, responsive, and respectful of high-performance environments.
At the QAS we support 500+ pre-elite and elite athletes from talented juniors through to Olympic, Paralympic and World Championships medallists to win on the world stage. We support both in-house squad programs, partnership programs with National Sporting Organisations and/or scholarships for individuals who are on medal winning trajectories for international success.
We have a bold 2032 High Performance Strategy to propel us forward to create more medal winning moments by Queensland athletes, to ultimately inspire the state and the nation.
Our Strategy directs our performance, but culture truly delivers performance.
Given our vision of “Inspiring Extraordinary Sporting Success” our culture is vitally important to us.
We want to attract highly talented and motivated individuals whose own values and behaviours align to that of our QAS Team.
Our values reach across every aspect of QAS and if they resonate with you, you will excel, and fly in our organisation:
If you have a deep desire to contribute to something transformational, of state and national significance, and are committed to continuous improvement, it’s an exciting time to join our organisation on an important mission.
Your contribution and key accountabilities
- Provide professional administrative support to the Talent and Coaching functional area to enable effective and efficient operational practices, while remaining agile and responsive to sport needs (i.e., mailbox management, Athlete agreements, Athlete inductions and medical screenings).
- Provide professional and proficient general executive support to assist the Executive Director Talent and Coaching (and Talent and Coaching team members) in fulfilling their duties to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the function (i.e., vendor requests and maintenance and payment of invoices).
- Perform Secretariat duties or administrative support for meetings / committees by way of preparing agendas, recording meetings, managing, and coordinating assigned actions and papers (i.e., Mission 2032 functional review).
- Effectively plan and deliver work/projects, maintaining documentation and processes, supporting communication and engagement activities, and contributing to program initiatives as required (i.e., Youfor2032 Talent Identification Program, Talent Workshops, Youfor2023 Camps).
- Manage the delivery of procurement within agreed timeframes and in line with relevant project management methodology, ensuring solutions delivered are responsive to service needs, meet quality standards and are sustainable in a high-performance environment.
- Ensure the maintenance of a detailed documentary record of procurement processes, decisions, and contractual arrangements, ensuring an audit trail is maintained and documented for probity, accountability, and audit purposes.
- Coordinate and oversee related Travel undertaken by departmental staff and contractors and maintain various financial, administrative, reporting and travel registers and databases.
- Undertake various finance activities to support the timely close of the end of month ledger (including assistance with coordination of monthly and annual forecasting budget relevant to the function).
- Management of corporate card process, including follow up of outstanding corporate cards, provide advice with coding queries and systems issues.
- Support the Executive Director, Talent and Coaching (and Talent and Coaching team members), to engage and collaborate with stakeholders to support the delivery of initiatives and programs of work.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Australian High-Performance system (including State Institutes, AIS, international and professional elite sport networks) to share knowledge and leverage opportunities.
- As a member of the QAS team, take shared accountability for setting a high-performance culture by owning and fostering our values and behaviours throughout our organisation.
We require all applicants that will work with children and young people to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
We are committed to an environment where athletes from any background are heard, treated fairly and free from abuse.
If you're interested in learning more, please have a look at the role description and give our team a call to discuss the role.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.