Established in 1907, New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) holds the unique distinction of being the first rugby league organisation in the country. As the governing body of rugby league within NSW and the ACT, our people are passionate about fostering rugby league at all levels. Our community spans more than 700 clubs, 100,000 players and many hard-working coaches and volunteers state-wide.
At the elite level, the State of Origin series is one of the biggest events on the Australian sporting calendar. NSWRL proudly manages the State of Origin campaigns of the NSW Blues and the NSW Sky Blues Origin teams.
We are a values-based organisation with a highly professional and dedicated team who are focused purely on what is best for rugby league in NSW and delivering excellence on and off the field.
Our values of inheritance, professional, united, courageous, innovative and legacy are critically important to the way we operate and make decisions as an organisation. Aligning with and advancing these values is an essential part of every role within NSWRL.
About the Position:
NSWRL is seeking applications for the position of Major Competitions Coordinator within our Football Department. This is a full-time fixed term position to 1 February 2025.
This position will be integral to the smooth running of NSWRL Major competitions and other affiliate Pathways competitions.
Major responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the running of NSWRL Major competitions and Pathway competitions;
- Understand and apply rules, regulations, processes, policies and procedures of NSWRL Major and Pathway competitions;
- Manage the implementation, education and operations of all digital platforms used across the Major and Pathways competitions;
- Support the daily operational needs of all Major and Pathways competitions;
- Manage player contracts, player and staff registration, clearance and permits associated with Major and Pathway competitions;
- Manage the education, implementation and tracking of the Concussion policy and processes;
- Coordinate the weekly delivery of competition information to Clubs via Operations Report.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an undergraduate degree in Business, Sports Management with an IT component or relevant industry experience;
- Have a sound knowledge of NSWRL competition structures;
- Have strong computer and systems skills, including in MS Office;
- Possess excellent communication and relationship management skills;
- Possess a sound knowledge of rugby league.
Consistent with the nature of the sporting industry, the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to work weekends, evenings and reasonable additional hours as is required to fulfil the requirements of this position. Remuneration is set in recognition of this requirement.
A position description is linked to this advertisement.
Working at NSWRL:
Our people are proud to work at NSWRL, an organisation where each individual is valued and recognised as essential to the achievement of our strategic objectives. In addition to our competitive terms and conditions of employment and contemporary workplace and HR practices, NSWRL offers employees additional benefits of employment which are complemented by a positive and supportive workplace culture.