Established in 1907, New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) holds the unique distinction of being the first rugby league organisation in the country. As the governing body of rugby league within NSW and the ACT, our people are passionate about fostering rugby league at all levels. Our community spans more than 700 clubs, 100,000 players and many hard-working coaches and volunteers state-wide.
At the elite level, the State of Origin series is one of the biggest events on the Australian sporting calendar. NSWRL proudly manages the State of Origin campaigns of the NSW Blues and the NSW Sky Blues Origin teams.
We are a values-based organisation with a highly professional and dedicated team who are focused purely on what is best for rugby league in NSW and delivering excellence on and off the field.
Our values of inheritance, professional, united, courageous, innovative and legacy are critically important to the way we operate and make decisions as an organisation. Aligning with and advancing these values is an essential part of every role within NSWRL.
About the Position:
NSWRL is seeking applications for the position of Accounts Officer within our Finance Department.
This position will be integral to the processing and administration of the day-to-day finance tasks vital to the business.
Major responsibilities include:
- Accounts payable - invoice entry and payment;
- Accounts receivable - invoice entry and follow up;
- Banking payments and reconciliations;
- Accounting transaction posting and general journals;
- Match official payroll processing;
- Assistance with month end and year end process;
- Accounts and compliance for other NSWRL associated entities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting / finance;
- Sound knowledge of accounting, taxation and payroll principles with relevant experience;
- Proficient knowledge of accounting systems, Microsoft Office (Excel);
- A proven ability to work to deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail.
Consistent with the nature of the sporting industry, the successful candidate must be flexible and willing to work weekends, evenings and reasonable additional hours as is required to fulfil the requirements of this position. Remuneration is set in recognition of this requirement.
A position description is linked to this advertisement.
Working at NSWRL:
Our people are proud to work at NSWRL, an organisation where each individual is valued and recognised as essential to the achievement of our strategic objectives. In addition to our competitive terms and conditions of employment and contemporary workplace and HR practices, NSWRL offers employees additional benefits of employment which are complemented by a positive and supportive workplace culture.